PRP Vaginal Rejuvenation
What is PRP Vaginal Rejuvenation and what is it used for?
PRP Vaginal Rejuvenation is a natural form of regenerative medicine, using the patient’s own platelet rich plasma to treat urinary incontinence, lack of sexual desire or arousal, weak orgasms, pain with intercourse, and vaginal dryness.
First, the patient’s blood is drawn in the clinic. We systematically extract the highest quality and concentration of the patient’s platelet rich plasma (PRP) to be used for their treatment. For the vaginal rejuvenation procedure, the patient is first treated with a topical anesthetic to ensure there is very little pain. When adequate anesthesia is obtained, the procedure of injecting the PRP into specific regions of the vagina including the labia and clitoris is performed.
The beneficial effects include:
- Improvement in urinary incontinence
- Increased vaginal sensation and arousal from clitoral stimulation
- Heightened and more frequent orgasms
- Increased ability to experience vaginal orgasms
- Increased natural vaginal lubrication
- Improvement in the condition lichen sclerosus
- Improvement in chronic pain from childbirth, mesh, or interstitial cystitis
- Noticeably pinker and younger tissue around the vulva
- Decreased pain with intercourse
What is the recovery period?
This procedure has minimal to no recovery time, and is almost painless. Normal activity can immediately resume, and patients may even have intercourse the same day.
How long does the procedure take?
The whole procedure from the blood collection to processing and reinjection to the treatment areas takes about an hour.
How long will the effect last?
A single treatment works for up to 14 months, but overall PRP is considered temporary and repeat of the procedure may be necessary usually around a year after your last treatment. This form of regenerative medicine using PRP has a cumulative effect, and it is perfectly safe to have booster treatments done sooner than a year if desired.
How much does a treatment cost?
Each PRP Vaginal Rejuvenation treatment costs $1200.